“Oeee saale, wake up.” Ayush woke me up in his as usual way. It was 9 in the morning and too early for me or any student in Kota.
“Hmmmm” I relied in my as usual way.
“Results are out you sleepy ass.” He kicked me on my ass and I felt down from my bed.
“What? So early?” I asked rubbing my eyes with one hand and my ass with another.
“What do you mean by so early?” he asked while handling me the brush and pushing me to get ready.
“Hmmm. Don’t know.” I was still sleeping and I did not know what I speak. I washed my face and was somewhat again in my senses.
“10th board results are out.” He said again.
“What?” now I got it and gave the perfect reaction by dropping the toothbrush on the floor.
I was thought of all the input I gave to these exams, I was scared, afraid, petrified, aghast, in short fati hui thi. I semi-brushed my teeth, semi-emptied my stomach, semi-combed my hair and rushed towards the cyber cafe. In the meanwhile I messaged Vidhi about this drastic news. She too ran down in her night dress only. We reached the cyber café and saw that we were not the only ones worried about the result but all the students who sacrificed their fun for this board exam were waiting in a queue to see the result. The queue was of about 50 students and each one would take about a minute to see the result so we had to wait for 50 minutes to get to know the result, it was impatient of me. I asked Vidhi and Ayush to stand in the queue and I looked around for some known faces, Sumit was not with us as he was out of town. I did not find any as it was my 10th day in that colony. I changed my plan and looked for some faces those were standing just for the result but they did not care whatever it was. I found one cool dude with no tension on his face. He was standing as if he was standing in the queue outside Katrina Kaif’s house for her autograph. I stood next to him and said hi, he too replied with hello.
“Do you mind if I ask you for a favor?” I asked keeping my hand on his shoulder comforting him that I was his friend.
“No bro. Tell me what is the problem?” He was almost in the trap.
“Actually my girl friend has to leave today by 10 in the morning and as you know the results are out so she wanted to know her result before leaving. You know yaar how much curious we are for the result.” When you ask a favor for a girl there is hardly a boy that can refuse.
“Ya understand bro. Okay I will help you but…” he stopped in between.
“But what dear?” Don’t say no know, I thought.
“It will charge you 100 bugs.” He said while itching hi
WTF!! 100 bugs? I saw the queue, it was just 1 student less now from the starting and 10 more students added in the end. He was standing on the 3rd number. It was worth giving him 100 bugs I thought.
“Okay, move to my place.” I signaled Vidhi and Ayush to give him their place and come in front. Ayush started acting like a jerk, he thought I was asking him to leave the queue without seeing the result but thank God Miss Sensible was with him. They both came to me and I asked them to write down their details on the piece of paper I was carrying to note down my marks. Within 5 minutes my turn came, I wanted to check my result first but opened Vidhi’s result. I saw her marks noted it down and quickly opened my result. I had just one minute and I had to see 3 results to I moved my pen as quickly as I could and did not even felt happiness or sadness about my result. Finally Ayush’s marks were on my paper. I moved out and they rushed towards me within a fraction of a second. While coming out of the door I had calculated my percentage. Vidhi got the advantage of being a girl and the paper was in her hand first, she calculated her marks, while adding her marks she was looking upwards and she was looking so cute at that time. Ayush saw his marks.
“Fuck, fuck, fuck” this was his reaction.
“What happened?” asked Vidhi as I knew what happened.
“Got 80+ in all the subject.” Said Mr. Fucker. I knew it that he used the F word whenever he was extra happy.
“I got 87 percent.” Said Ayush jumping with madness. He took out his phone and told his originator about his success.
“How much you got?” I asked janu.
“91 Percent.” She said with a sad face.
“What? That’s cool yaar. Why are you unhappy?” I asked her holding her chin.
“I promised dad to get at least 95 percent.” She said making faces.
“No problem dear, your dad will be happy by this. Trust me.” I pulled her cheeks.
“How much you got? I am sorry did not ask you even.” She said getting back to normal.
“Ahhmm Ahhmmm (clearing my throat) ninety…”I paused.
“Ya ninety what, tell fast na.” she said moving her legs on the floor like a baby.
“96” I said finally.
“What? Ninety sixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx” giving extra effect to the six.
“Yes.” She hugged me before I completed my sentence.
Ayush was too happy for me and for himself. They asked for the party but before that I had to do one thing. I had to call my friends and confirm who had topped. I excused them for a moment or I should say I excused Ayush for a moment as I wanted my Luck Charm to be with me; moreover he was busy on the phone also.
“Hello.” Shrey said.
“Hello dude, how are you?” I asked to start the conversation.
“Leave that. Tell me your marks. I got 89 percent.” He was a very straight forward person and never believed in formality and is still single now because of this quality which according to me is a negative quality for him.
“96.” I too trying to be straight forward.
“Cool man and congrats. Your sacrifices have paid you. You have topped in the school man.” He said as he had the list of all the student’s marks.
“Are you serious? What about Mayank?”
“He got 93 percent.” He said and asked me to call him after some time. He congratulated me once again and got busy.
Vidhi was really turning out to be my Luck Charm, I loved her even more. She was standing next to me and heard all the talks. She told Ayush and he demanded for the party again. I promised him and us three left for our pgs, 2 in the same pg and 1 in another, unfortunately.
“You have to give me 33.33 plus 10 rupees.” I said and waited for his reaction.
“What for?” I told him the whole story.
He kicked my ass and pushed me on the bed and slapped my head several time.
“Want more?” he asked after beating a poor baby.
“Fuck You.” I said and we both laughed.
I was happy I topped in the school, I now had no hard feelings for Mayank but he deserved at least this for whatever he did. I entered my room and my darling called me and we again got busy in studying Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment