Wednesday, April 27, 2011

3.1 Second time love ate me completely...(the Perfect Day)


“Are you sure?”  I asked her.
It was my second day in the institute and I was listening to Sodium, Na (nick name of Mr. N. Awasthi, my physical chemistry teacher). Vidhi was in my section and was sitting next to me. The chemistry as like always was sore boring for me and I was literally yawning in the lecture. Vidhi looked at me and as magnet attracts magnet likewise sleep attracts sleep. She also started feeling like yawning.
“Let’s go for a movie after the class.” Said Miss Sleepy to Mr. Sleepy.
“Are you sure?” I confirmed.
“Yes. Is that I big deal? Are you going to attend all the lectures for the next two years?” it was impossible so I agreed and after 30 minutes the class was over and we looked at each other like we were going for a Cargill war and left the institute. The institute was in Vigyan Nagar and my room was also in Vigyan Nagar just around 200 meters away from the institute. One can easily see the canteen on the terrace of the institute from my terrace.
“Hey do you mind if I go to my room for a minute? It is just a few steps from here.” I was crying like a baby. Actually my stomach was upset and in the morning even it ditched me so it was necessary for me to go there.
“Okay, I too will go to my room and will meet here.” She said pointing towards the cricket ground in between the institute and my room.
We started marching towards our room. “Why is she coming with me? She said she has to go to her room” I whispered.
“What?”
“Nothing. Why are you coming with me? I don’t have any problem if you give me the company to my room but you were going to your room, right?” I asked her while decreasing the distance of my room from the institute.
“Can’t my room be on this way?” she asked doubting my presence of mind. No I was not a fool but I wondered how can so my coincident happen? Firstly the same section then the room on the same way.
“Yes of course, why not?” I said showing her my silly embarrassed smile.
I reached my pg and was about to say good bye to her.
“This is my pg.” she said.
“What?” did I heard right? She said my pg or your pg?
“F-12 my pg.” I said still confused over what she said.
“F-13. I was talking about F-13” she said with a teasing smile. Now what the teasing smile was for?
“Hey that’s nice. Isn’t it?” It’s good to have your batch mate next to your pg but its best if it is the adjacent one.
She started laughing, I did know the reason.
“What? Will you tell me what is fishing” I asked somewhat angry but more of curious.
“Okay baba wait I am telling you “she said controlling her laugh and took a deep breath to get back to normal “I saw you at the terrace yesterday morning. You came to collect your underwear on the rope.” And again started laughing this time uncontrollable.
I was embarrassed, totally flustered, it was bewildering for me. I managed to look at her and gave a fake smile. She ordered me to rush to my room and come down in less than 5 minutes. I did the same. I entered my room after emptying my stomach and then changed my clothes, took my sunglasses and wore my favorite deodorant and looked in the mirror like a superstar. I realized that I took more than 10 minutes already so I rushed down. She was already out and was angry as her eyes were filled with peevishness. She was starring my door as if she would burn it with her eyes. I cowardly moved towards her.
“Let’s go.” She surprised me smiling back.
I was shocked, these girls are so unfathomable, so can’t guess what they are going to do next may be they will fight with you and the next second will hold your hand. She did something like that. She was looking charming, beautiful, she had sharp features that made her smart but she was cute too. She was fair and her teeth were the most attractive part of her face. One can do anything for her if she just give him a smile and ask him to do that. She was about 5 feet 4 inches and her figure was perfect. Her back was straight even when she used to sit. She was fair and her English accent was perfect as she was from Kanchipuram, a city in Tamil Nadu and was famous for its silk sarees. To me she always looked like a receptionist in the MNCs. She was wearing a white knee length jeans and a dark green sleeveless top. Unlike our hands her hands were not sun toned. They were of the single color from the shoulder till the tip of the middle finger, in white.
We both hired a taxi and we reached the only Cineplex in Kota that was “Om Cineplex”. In the 20 minutes ride she told me about her family, her dad was a C.A. and her mom worked in HDFC.
“Two tickets please.” We decided to watch Just My Luck. The tickets cost 80 rupees each. Yes the tickets were cheap. She went to the wash room, to look for her hair if they were perfect I guess. I bought one large popcorn and two cold drinks. The show was to start at 5:30 pm and we still had 13 minutes. I looked around for other girls, most of them with their ATM machine, their boyfriend. She came back after 10 minutes and now we had just 3 minutes. Our screen was on the first floor so we rushed towards it. A man inspected me and kept the chewing gum in my pocket, chor saala. The movie hall as I thought by seeing the fair would be like a small, stinky movie hall with small screen and fans dying over the head but I was completely wrong. It was air conditioned and had blush seats with extra soft and spongy covering, screen was big and without a joint in between. The waitresses were roaming around to take the order and a man in black was showing the way to the seats. The Ads started as we entered the hall and we hurried towards our seats that were last two seats from the left in the second last row. It was a house full. We settled down and the lights were firstly dimmed and then were off. The movie started and we were lost in the movie. It was based upon the concept of luck exchange, Chris Pine was an unlucky man and Lindsay Lohan was a successful lady and in a part they both kissed and the luck got exchanged and so on. When Lindsay kissed Pine I like any other boy looked at Vidhi, she was lost in the romantic scene with a sweet smile on her face. She was sitting on my right side and her left hand was on the supporter between the seats. I too kept my hand on the half side of the supporter, our skin was touching and I was feeling the smoothness of her skin. She was so lost and it was not even a big deal so she enjoyed the kiss. I slightly moved my palm towards her and then stretched my little finger towards her hand and kept it onto her little finger. This time she sensed it but did not looked at me but did something that I never expected. No she did not slap me, she moved her hand under my hand and hold my hand and my fingers were between her fingers. It was more romantic than a kiss for me as after two years of fighting with my friend, after being ditched by my girlfriend, after studying like a jerk, I needed this. I needed this like anything else. I was feeling so relaxed at that time, all the worries were gone, I was feeling like breeze was blowing and the flowers were spreading their freshness all over me. I was lost in my dreams with her, I did not even see the movie, and I lost the interest in the sexy figure of Lindsay Lohan as my Lindsay Lohan was with me holding my hand.  Soon my dreams were shaken as the lights were on and the intermission was written on the giant screen. Everyone rushed out as they have been kept inside this hall forcefully. Soon the hall was half empty and in our row we both were alone but still hand in hand. I looked at her and she also looked at me, right into my eyes. I was lost in her beautiful, deep, black eyes that showed affection for me. I did not speak even a single word and we both loved the silence of the moment.
“You look beautiful today.” I was helpless, I could not stop myself.
“Just today?” she asked instantly.
“No I did not mean that.” You can never beat girls in this questioning round.
“You are so cute. Do that again.” She asked me blink my eyes again like I blinked before while answering her unexpected question.
“I don’t know how to do that.” And seriously I did not even know what to do and how to do.
She blinked her eyes like I did before and said do like this. You can never refuse a girl so I did that.
“Chooooo chweettt.” She said rubbing her hand on my hair.
Soon the prisoners were back to watch the movie and the movie started. We never detached our hands till the end the end of the movie. She in between the movie tilted her head towards my shoulders and landed it on it, with her right hand she grabbed my hand already holding her left hand. I was on top of the world. I was in love with her. Yes she was smart, good in nature, sensible, my batch mate and my neighbor too. All the things were perfect to make her my girlfriend. The movie ended and we looked at each other, her with the look “Such a good movie” and me with a look “Why it ended so early?” We moved out of the hall. It was 7pm and still it was not dark. We both were hungry and I asked to have the dinner at “Eatos” the restaurant on the way but she had to reach her pg before 8pm so we left. We hardly spoke after that incident but we both were happy that it happened. Auto reached our place and this time that 20 minutes run was like 5 minutes run, I hated it. We both did not want to go but we did not have a choice either.
“Goodbye. See you tomorrow.” She said with a sad face.
“Wait for 10 minutes.” I said as I wanted her to stay with me.
“The place is not safe you fool. If my landlord will see me with you he won’t allow me to be out till 8 even.” She said sensibly.
“Okay then Bye Bye.” I said making sad face.
She turned around and started walking.
“Wait.” I screamed.
“What pagal?”
“Your number?” how can I forget that.
“9878675431” she shouted from her door only.
I took my phone out and dialed it. She signaled me that she got the miss call. I climbed for my room with a song on my lips.
Tell me that you want me baby
Tell me that it's true
Say the magic words and
I would change the world for you

An army for the broken hearted
Marching through the streets
The city says surrender
And it's falling at your feet
I wanna hold you……
A soundtrack of Just My Luck.
“What happened Sid? Why are you flying?” Asked Sumit. Sumit was my flat mate and was a nice person too. He reminded me of my cousin; he was lean and wore specs too. He was also in Bansal Classes and we became good friends in just 4 days.
“Watched movie.”I said while hiding my happiness but he saw that.
“With a girl, hmmm?” he said in a teasing tone and I blushed. I walked towards my room and signaled him to follow me. To listen to my brave story he followed me.
“What are you, bhai? “This time it was Ayush. Again my good friend and a Don like personality. He had a mole on right side above his upper lip and was healthy enough to lift me easily and a voice that can easily make a child cry. He was from Debai, a city near Aligarh in Uttar Pradesh and anyone listening Debai for the first time reacted like they had heard Dubai and would not doubt as he looked like he was from there only.
“Nothing yaar. Come sit.” I was changing my clothes and was back in my shorts and t-shirt.
I told both of them the whole story and I was the new Super Star of the flat. A semi-girlfriend within a week, it was something. We started chatting about girls from their school, girls from my school and I was reminded by the Miss New Comer, Aishwarya. When you are with your male friends you always think about your past life and when you are with an attractive girl so are so lost in her thoughts that you always think about your future only, obviously with that girl. I have experienced this. Soon our imaginations were interrupted as it was a phone call that disturbed. It was Vidhi.” Wow” I thought.
“Hi ma’am” I picked up the phone.
“So told your friends about the movie?” I was shocked. How the hell she knew that? Then I realized she was talking in that sense.
“Ya, I have to go to watch it again with them.” I promised them as for me the movie was still unwatched.
“So what are you doing?” it is so easy to ask a question and so difficult to answer them I thought when she asked.
“Nothing was talking to my friends about my school life.”
“I too want to know.” She said childishly.
“You sound so sweet when you act childish.” I praised her for the second time hoping not a get a back fire of questions.
“No flattering Mister, don’t change the topic and tell me about your past.” Thank god she did not say “Only when I act childish?”
I told her all about my school life, about Aishwarya skipping the kissing part for sure.
“She is a stupid girl I can guarantee you that.” She said trying to console me.
“She is not stupid. She is clever.” I corrected her.
“Okay baby, leave her. Tell me had dinner?” wow so caring. First girl to ask me this question and that too in such a sweet way.
“Yes.” I lied because I did not want to keep the phone and if I had said no then for sure she would have black mailed for having my dinner first.
“And you?” I showed some manners.
“Ya yaa “She said considering the question was not important.
We talked for next 3 hours talking about her likes, dislikes, her favorite color, her favorite dish, her favorite movie and guess what she said “Just My Luck”. It was midnight and I was still talking to her with phone between my pillow and and my ear as I was lying on my bed.
“Do you like someone?” she indirectly asked what she wanted to ask.
“Not really.” I answered formally.
“You are such a bad liar.” She said and smiled.
“Do you like someone?” I asked with butterfly in my stomach.
“Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss” she said cutely.
“Who?” please God please. I started praying.
“The one who doesn’t like me.” She said and I numb. Why can’t girls answer directly? Was she talking about me?
“Who?” I again asked as I was in total state of confusion.
“Ohhoooo You pagal” she said ohoo in such a sweet tone that I was about to give her a kiss.
“Really?” I was sure she did but this question was because of my anxiety.
“Yessss pagalu Sid, I like you, I love you.” She said and paused.
I did not know what to say know. I mean I too like her and may be love her but a girl proposed me that too within three days. I was happy and confused.
“I love you.” I said as I closed my eyes and I saw her holding my hand and so was sure about it.
“Sid. Sidu. Siddhartha. Siddhartha.” She said my name in so many different ways.
“What are you saying” I asked laughing as it sounded really funny.
“Was finding a cute name for you.” She said I was all her.”Shona, yes I call you shona.” She finally decided a name for her Love. I sounded cute when she called me that. We continued our sweet silly talks till 4 in the morning but I was alright for me as the classes were from 2 pm and we have enough time to sleep and dream about each other.
“I love you shone. Go to sleep now. Meet me outside at 12.” She said yawning.
“Ya sure. Love you baby. Good Night.” And we slept after that.
It was feeling like heaven to me. Life was perfect. Perfect institute, perfect room, perfect girl friend, even pg of my girlfriend was perfect, just next to mine. I was so ecstatic after 2 years. I was feeling the breeze of love, yes I was in Love. I closed and my eyes and both my mind and heart were even too satisfied that they also slept that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment