My mom being very sensitive started crying in the ambulance only, now my father being strong was in the middle of the ocean to look after his son who has just landed from 3rd floor to the ground floor or look after his wife whose son was lying unconscious, bleeding in front of her. The nurse had put an oxygen mask on my mouth which to me always looked like abdo guard that cricketers wear to protect their testicles. In 20 minutes the ambulance reached the hospital that showed “Nehru Hospital” and I made the star entry in the hospital with two nurses, mom and dad. I was taken to the ICU as the leakage in my head was major as a result I bled a lot. Meanwhile Aishwarya arrived with her mom and on the way her mom called the police inspector, don’t worry I mean her husband. Doctor was told that a car tossed me while I was crossing the road. All the concern members waited outside the ICU and I was lying on the experiment table with a huge bulb over my head. In half an hour doctor gave the news that there is nothing to worry and I will be fine soon. I was admitted in the hospital for a night and doctor said that they will discharge me the next morning. I was still in my dreams; it was not my wish I was given the anesthesia. Everyone waited for me to open my eyes and shoot the question fire round on me. Soon there wait was over as I asked for some water. They gave me the water and I drank it without even sitting. As I felt somewhat better I opened my eyes slowly and saw everyone was sitting on the couch in the left corner of the room and my mom sitting next to me holding my hand and looking at me continuously with her wet eyes. As I opened my eyes and tried to sit everyone ran towards me and asking me about how I was feeling. I did not expect that they would so care so much for me, by they I mean Aishwarya’s mom and dad. I did not say anything and looked everyone one by one. I was feeling pain in my head; it was like someone is striking my head with hammer in every 30 seconds. I saw that a bottle of blood was hanging near my bed and it was connected with a rubber wire with one end inserted in my vein.
“How are you feeling now?” Said the police inspector.
“Fine uncle.” I said with shame in my voice.
“I know what you did but may be this is not the right time to discuss about that. You are very young enough to understand the priorities in your life but I suggest you to think of your mom and dad before you do anything. Your father is a gentleman at least learn something from her.” He was saying something else even but his wife took the charge and asked him to stop.
“Get well soon son” said sasu maa (mother in law), now I know why they say that there is a mother in every women.
“Byee” said my janu (darling).
It was 11:30 pm by then and they decided to leave. My dad followed them to their car obviously he again would be apologizing for what I did. I was feeling felonious, apologetic, and bashful, I was feeling like crying. I wanted to hug my mom and say sorry to her but I was not in the condition to move even. Oh I forgot I had three fractures. One in my right leg and two in my right hand. Got 7 stitches in my head and was feeling the immeasurable pain in my whole body.
Mom gave me medicine and I slept again, dad stayed with me in the hospital and my mom left for the home as Sandhya was alone in there. Next morning doctor scrutinized me and discharged me from that hell. I hate the smell of the hospital, it is disgusting. I reached home by 8 in the morning and organized myself on my bed. I was in no position to look into my parent’s eye so I decided to keep my eyes closed. No one ever talked about that incident as they knew I got the punishment for my deed. I was ordered bed rest for a month and no play for next 3 months that meant all my holidays were ruined. Furthermore Shrey was also gone to his grandma in Jaipur, mom told me. So there was no one with whom I spend some quality time, of course my family was with me but after that incident I never talked much in front of them as that thing was still eating me and was still having the guilt of whatever I did.
My holidays were ruined, I did nothing but just watched T.V., played chess or carom with Sandhya, tried to walk as it was the routine of my daily exercises that doctor had prescribed. Soon my holidays were about to end and I was strong enough now to go to loo myself. Five days were left when Shrey came back and as soon as he got the news of what I did he came to meet me and of course listen to my brave story.
“Oee saale, what happened?” said my dearest buddy.
“Nothing yaar.” I said happily as I was more than pleased to see him.
“Leave that entire how you are and all that bullshit. Tell me how did it happen and don’t you dare to hide anything from me.” He said knowing that something big had happened.
I told him the whole story like a soldier who tells the brave stories of the wars. Listening to what his friend did unlike my parents his eyes started showing respect for me. He was feeling good to know he had such a great friend to kissed the most beautiful girl of the school and them jumped from the 3rd floor.
“You are an exemplar man.” He said putting his head on my soldier.
“I know.” I said but I was not happy from inside. I made my parents feel shame just because of me.
“Don’t tell anybody in the school please” I pleaded and he agreed.
“Ok bro, see you tomorrow.” I have to finish my vacation homework.
And he left after again praising me for whatever I did. I again was alone in my room thinking what to know. Should I meet her again? Should I tell her that it is over now? Should I just let it be? What to do man? This was all going in my mind. My heart was too scared to say anything as it was entirely his fault that I messed up all. This time I will listen to my mind that was for sure and I gave time to my mind to think what to do next and I slept again.
No comments:
Post a Comment