Tuesday, April 26, 2011

3.Second time love ate me completely...


Coolie!! Coolie!!” dad was shouting. I, mom and dad, three musketeers were at the Kota Junction Railway station. It was 8 in the morning of June and the sun was already at 45 degrees from the ground. There was the shortage of coolie as all the parents wanted their child to become an engineer and they were here in Kota, the best place to take coaching for IIT-JEE. All the nerdies were here at the station with a spark in their eye, they were full of enthusiastic and I was still not sure whether I will be able to survive in this city or not. Finally we found a coolie.
“Bhaiya, how much for this luggage?” asked my mom.
“300 rupees, memsaab.” Said the super hero of the station
“What? Run away we don’t need a coolie.” My mom thought as if he was lack of the passengers. Sweet mom it was us who needed him. I ran towards him to stop him and bargain with him.
“Okay, 180 final.” Said the man.
My dad was proud that I bargained for the first time in my life. I showed him for the first time that I was also from the same blood, the blood in which business is diluted.” The money saved is the money earned” my dad believes in this proverb, so I earned 120 rupees that day according to him. Again bargaining with the auto driver finally we reached our hotel “Hotel Green Land”. We were tired and the introduction seminar of Bansal classes was to be held at 3 in the noon, Bansal Classes is the name of the institute in which I was supposed to shape my future and learn how to get my ass into one of the most prestigious colleges of India. I was feeling sleepy; I slept as soon as the air conditioner made the temperature below 20 degree. I did not even have my breakfast not even my lunch. I was forcefully woke up by my dad at 2 in the noon and it was too late to take the bath. I jumped out of my bed and made a wild entry into the washroom ordering mom to take out my clothes from the suitcase. I got ready in 20 minutes and we felt for the auditorium in which the introduction seminar was to be conducted. It was 30 minutes run from the hotel. We reached there at 5 to 3 pm and settled down on the last free seats of the second last row. Soon the seminar started and told us about the history of IIT, history of Bansal Classes, we were told that the owner of this institute Mr. V.K. Bansal was the handicapped man who lost the powers of his legs at the age of thirty while working in a factory. After that accident he was not able to do any physical work to earn his daily bread so decided to teach students for JEE and initially he started the batch of 10 students in 1998 and all the 10 were selected in the entrance exam of IIT-JEE which is till now considered as the toughest exam in India to crack to get admission in IIT. Soon his coaching classes became famous and the students started coming from different cities of Rajasthan and again was good every time. So as a result it became the most famous institute in India to get prepared for JEE and students came from the end of the country even. He, his son and his daughter in law, all three taught mathematics and his daughter owned his own institute in Jaipur. When after the seminar I talked to few more aspirants who were there to launch their career I got to know that Mr. Bansal owns an automatic wheel chair that moves by the joystick attached to its right arm supporter. It was cool man. I was impressed by him and wanted to meet him.
“Hello.” Said a strange girl joining the group of strangers.
“Hi….” said everyone and introduced them.    
It was my turn and I was so much lost into her deep eyes that someone elbowed me to bring me back to my senses.
“Hello I am Siddhartha Mehra.” I said shaking hands with her. Wow! I felt like I touched silk. They were so soft, so delicate, and so smooth, so much like Aishwarya. I was reminded by her thought, my face suddenly changed expression.
“What happened?” she asked thinking maybe it was because of her.
“Nothing.” I said recollecting my senses and trying to convince me that I hate Aishwarya.
“I am Vidhi, I am from Chennai.” She said looking towards everyone.
“So in which section you are?”  in the seminar we were allotted the different section. From A1-A5, B1-B6, C1-C6 and D1-D6. It was in the descending order of the intelligent students and was allotted on the basis of the pre entrance test.
“B4 and you?” she asked within a nanosecond.
“What a coincidence!!” I said as I was also thrown in the same section.
“That is good, anyone else from the same section?” she asked the group. No one relied in positive. I was lucky.
“Ok then see you tomorrow in the class.” She said and we said bye to each other and left.
I had to get a room for me so I left with mom and dad to look for to-lets. The place was full of to-lets. Every house showed the board of the to-let proving me wrong as I thought that there would be a problem in finding a room without an agent. Struggling for next three hours finally there was a room that looked like a room. Others were like match box, one would surely die of suffocation in those rooms. So it was all set then, the room was final, the rent was final, I was to pay them 1800 bugs per month that included the electricity and water bill. The room was though on the third floor but I was fine with me as it was the best room I saw in those three hours and was sure could not have got a better one. I was to shift there by tomorrow and it was 8 in the night. I was damn hungry and I was sure my originator, my mom and dad were also hungry so we left for the restaurant and decided to roam around the city as they would leave next day so I got about 20 hours to be with them and after that I would get the chance after 6 month to see them. We enjoyed a lot that night. It was the best night out with my parents. The night in contrary to the day are much more cooler and we sat in the park after roaming all around the city. Dad gifted me a new mobile phone and I clicked our family photograph in it. He was doing all the masti that I never saw him doing before. He teased my mom and looked at me and we both started laughing and hugged her after that. I felt that my eyes were wet. I was going to miss them a lot. I was the first time I had to live without them and I was just 16. I hugged them tightly and closed my eyes.     

No comments:

Post a Comment